LOETZ, Johan 1888-90 Exhibition Award Winning Piece 1 of 1 made, Perfect
LOETZ, Johan 1888-90 Exhibition Award Winning Piece 1 of 1 Gorgeous, Perfect.... Rare, Unique, Amazing Design by Franz Hofstätter, during the zenith of Loetz Art Nouveau glass was epitomized by the so-called Phänomen series of designs, much of it designed by Hofstatter, which won a Grand Prix (alongside Tiffany, Gallé, Daum and Lobmeyr) at the Paris World's Exposition in 1900.
With a Iridescent Moss Green, Copper wire wrapped dramatically, whole vase was then put inside of a Bronze 18-22K Gold Gilded over Enclosure. Which was also hand formed, essentially the whole piece in order to qualify was hand blown, copper wrapped, bronze w-gold gilding by artist to be an entry! You can see the screws (4 of them) on the back of the bronze enclosure to remove to clean, refinish, but we never did, the bottom tri-angle near base still shows how it shined when newly done. Museum quality, measures: 11.5 inches tall, 10.75 inches deep, 2 inch round flat polished rim/top.
5 inch bulbous bottom, rounded beautifully, rolls under to a 3.5 inch platform base. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Decorative Pottery & Glassware\Vases". The seller is "zonalrick" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Features: Exhibition Piece, 3D Effect, Commemorative, Decorative
- Pattern: Exhibition piece
- Time Period Manufactured: 1888-1900
- Production Technique: Hand Blown Glass
- Subject: Art Glass Mastery
- Era: Victorian (1837-1900)
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Austria
- Origin: France
- Material: Filigreed, ribbed, twisted Iridescent, Purple Glass, copper wrapped imbedded in glass, Wrapped in a Bronze 22K Gold Gilt Cage, Glass
- Year Manufactured: 1888
- Production Style: Art Glass
- Brand: Loetz by F. Hoffstatter
- Style: Art Nouveau
- Color: Moss Green with Gold Gilding
- Theme: High End Art Nouveau Award Winner
- Type: Tall Iridescent Moss Green Vase